Flipped Learning Network
WPA’s Guide to the Hybrid Writing Classroom
Dr. Marshall G. Jones’ faculty page and YouTube channel – info on podcasts, flipped classrooms, etc
Strategies for Online Teaching (University of Michigan)
Free Programs Available for Download: (programs that will help you in this class)
Audacity, CamStudio, PhotoStory 3 (on all Winthrop lab computers), Screencast-O-matic, and Jing. There is also a feature in the new version of PowerPoint that will allow you to use a Camtasia plug-in.
Here’s a recent article about the nine best video-editing software programs(that are FREE to download)!
- Lynda.com (online training library for $25/month)
- taking screenshots: PC or Mac instructions for taking screenshots and making them into images that you can upload to your blog.
- using MovieMaker: short, video-based tutorials that literally walk you through how to do pretty much everything in MovieMaker v.2.
- using iMovie 09: Apple’s tutorials for using the newest version of iMovie.
- using iMovie 06/HD: Apple’s tutorials for using an older (better?) version of iMovie.
- WEbVPN client. Use this if the above doesn’t work or is too confusing.
- xtranormal: type in a script and use their pre-made 3D environs to create a movie.
- http://www.storymapping.org/: creating mapping/media story mashups with web and cell phone delivery.
- http://remixamerica.org/: Remix America gives you the tools and raw materials you need to remix America Then with America Now.
Websites with accessibility tools:
- Magpie: http://ncam.wgbh.org/webaccess/magpie/index.html
- Subtitle Workshop: http://www.urusoft.net/products.php?cat=sw&lang=1
Blogs on teaching with technology:
- UWB Learning Technologies
- Teaching Forum: talking teaching at UWT
- GridKnowledge (blog of UWT’s Assistant Chancellor for Learning Technologies)
- Wired Campus, Chronicle of Higher Education
- Prof Hacker, Chronicle of Higher Education
- Agile Learning (blog of the Director of Vanderbilt’s Center for Teaching)
- Faculty Focus