Based on class discussion, we are using the following evaluation criteria:
BLOGS/ONLINE WRITING ACTIVITIES
Reaction posts are due Tuesdays by 12:29 PM; response posts are due Thursdays by 12:29 PM.
- Content is more important than length (still, try to aim for a well-developed paragraph/idea - long enough to get the point across)
- Analysis is more important than summary (engage with the ideas)
- Posts should be thought-provoking and relevant
- Passion is fine, but "rants" are not
- Do you have a "big fish" of an idea? Are you engaging with the content?
- Can your post be misinterpreted or misunderstood?
- Include specific references to the text you are using - i.e. quote the text or include a page number
- Include links for sources outside of the required reading
- When in doubt, include some form of citation
- Write for a specific audience, even if it is a general audience
- Keep in mind the "unintended" readers - this is a public blog!
Grammar and Mechanics:
- Proofread for readability
- Remember that this is a 500-level writing class!