To start class, we will continue to work on your WordPress blogs:
First, go through this checklist to make sure your blog is ready for the semester.
- Double check your blog options in Settings
- “General”- enter the name of your site, the tagline, your email address, and default language
- “Date/Time” – Eastern! click “save” at the bottom of any page where you set new options.
- “My Profile” within Users menu – add as much or as little information as you feel comfortable with
- “Personal Settings”(also in Users menu) – make choices about options such as editor, color scheme, keyboard shortcut, browser connection, primary blog, and proofreading
- Organize your blog by subject (“Categories” link under Posts menu) – consider creating categories for your posts, assignments, responses, etc.
- Know the difference between posts and pages
- Create and categorize your blogroll – this is the list of links you will display on your blog (Links menu)
- Set the discussion options for your blog – click the Discussion menu to make sure you are allowing users to comment
Once you have done these things, feel free to enhance your blog with themes, widgets, and/or upgrades. I’m happy to answer questions if you need help!
Second, add (or, in some cases, edit) the “About” page.
Third, create a new post that gives me your answer to the question “What is new media?” Here are some links to get you started: